"I can't say enough good things about it"
"Thanks a thousandfold for Nini. I can't say enough good things about it,
and I've only been using it for a few days."
"One of the best configuration libraries"
"Nini is one of the best configuration libraries out there...
It's lightweight, and runs on multiple platforms" -Sean McCormack, MVP
"No .NET developer should be without it"
"If you haven't heard of Nini: Configuration Library, you
need to check it out. No .NET developer should be without it."
"It's a real life saver"
"It's Open Source, and free. I've started using it in one of the projects
I've been working on, and it's a real life saver. I thought I was going to have
to do it myself the hard way."
- Multiple configuration types
and command line
- Strong variable types<br/>
- Set and save<br/>
and save configs
- Lightweight and fast<br/>
Small footprint, built for speed
several configs into one
- 100% free<br/>
Free and open source code
- Value aliases<br/>
Add aliases for unclear variables
- Key value replacement<br/>
Replaces values with other key values
- Cross platform<br/>
Run on .NET/Mono
- INI parser<br/>
Contains a 100% managed INI parser
- Fully documented<br/>
See the Nini manual and
- Unlimited files/sources<br/>
Loads an unlimited number of files
- Compact Framework<br/>
.NET Compact Framework
- Command line application<br/>
Has a command-line configuration editor
- Mature and stable<br/>
Over 140 unit tests
Nini is an uncommonly powerful
designed to help build highly configurable applications quickly.
[21 Jul 2010] Web Site Back Online and THANKS!!!
Hello every. Long time no talk :) My apologies for the down time.
Markdown stopped working on the new Sourceforge page and it took me
a while to get to it.
Thanks so much for all of the
people have been giving. I really appreciate them. Here's a couple:
- "Great library - stable and useful. I am using for about 4 years now"
- "Useful, stable and.... I recommend it ;)"
- "Thanks a lot, Good library, saved me lot of time."
- "Great Lib. Saves lots of time"
Lastly thanks so much for all of the downloads! The total as of today
is 30,073 downloads
which is just a staggering number. Thanks so much!
[23 Mar 2006] Nini 1.1 Stable Released
This is the second stable release of Nini. It adds loads of enhancements and
fixes all known bugs. Here is the change list:
- Ability to make keys case-insensitive (to support old INI file parsers)
- Much improved INI load and save support
- Added Load methods to all INI and XML based classes
- Added MySQL and Windows INI (Win32 API-like) support
- Added GetExpanded method to expand key values without replacing
- Added Registry config saving and key remove support
- Fixed multiple bugs
- Improved manual (split up the manual into a table of contents and 5 chapters)
- Updated build with .NET 2.0 support
- Updated all projects files to Visual Studio 2003
[21 Mar 2006] Nini on Unix
Nini has been added to a few Unix platforms thanks to the
Mono Project. Check them out:
- FreeBSD - Thanks to Christopher Nehren
- Debian and Ubuntu Linux - Thanks to Sebastian Droge
- Gentoo Linux
[28 Jul 2005] Del.icio.us and Nini
I just noticed that 30+ people added Nini to their Del.icio.us bookmarks
under the nini tag:
[25 Jul 2005] Nini 1.0 stable has been released!
After nearly two years of development Nini has reached it's goal
of a feature complete and stable 1.0 version. It has been powering
my company's TV traffic report application which is broadcast in 10
US cities for over a year now. Needless to say anything software
shown on TV needs to run flawlessly so you can rest assured
that it will do the same for you :)
Here is a short list of the changes to the library:
- Added event delegates for Saved, Reloaded, KeySet, KeyRemoved, etc
- Added a signed Mono build
- Added IConfig.Contains method
- Added Save to Stream to all IConfigSource classes
- Added rename IConfig support
- Added much improved error messages
- Fixed a couple elusive crashing bugs
[21 Jun 2005] Signed Mono DLL for Nini 0.9.2
has support for signed DLLs. I created a signed version of the
0.9.2 DLL and
to a bug if you need it now. It will be available in the
next version of Nini if you can wait.
[18 Apr 2005] Projects using Nini
I thought that I'd make an update about the projects using
the Nini library. If your program/project is not listed
then let me know and I will add it.
[14 Mar 2005] Nini 0.9.2 Released
This release was made to add .NET Compact Framework
support and to ready Nini for the 1.0 stable release.
[09 Jan 2005] Nini 0.9.1 Released
This release contains many small enhancements and bug fixes. Nini
is rapidly approaching 1.0 stable!
override to Xml, Ini, and DotNet sources
method to all IConfigSource classes
method to IConfig
- ConfigCollection class now implements
(RemoveAt, Contains, etc)
for creating configs in memory to all sources
- Added verbose (-v) and new file (-n) switches to Nini Editor
Using Nini Effectively
section to the manual
[22 Dec 2004] Nini Mentioned by Open Source .NET Evangelist
Brian Nantz, author of
Expert Web Services Security with the .Net Platform and
Open Source .Net Development
mentioned Nini in his
ZDNet interview! Thanks Brian!
View old news articles